Can I Correct My Chin Without Surgery?
Do you have a double chin? Chubby cheeks? Researching for months what to do?
There are plenty of “non-invasive” ways to eliminate a double chin, however many patients figure there’s no difference and that it sounds easy. If it sounds too good to be true, sometimes it is.
Once I have a chance to explain why during a consultation, it’s pretty clear to our clients why they’re better off just having what is really a very minor procedure and be done with the chubby cheeks and double chin for good. Keep reading to learn the benefits of chin liposuction.
Why Non-Surgical Chin Treatments Can Be Ineffective
At Luxe Plastic Surgery, we use a few different methods for achieving the best results:
“Melting” or “Dissolving” the Fat
This process includes multiple needle-stick injections (about twenty!) into the double chin area. It’s a chemical called deoxycholic acid. It’s NOT a new concept. It used to be called mesotherapy, and the chemical dissolves the fat cells. That part is true.
But — it’s impossible to distribute the chemical evenly. That means there’s a higher concentration where the chemical is injected and less (or none) of it in between those spots. Also, it’s not injected above the jawline, so it’s impossible to shape that area or the angle of the jaw by the earlobe.
“Freezing” the Fat
Devices that sit on the surface of the skin deliver cold thermal energy to injure fat cells and cause them to die. This may sound great, but the injury to the fat cells can injure the skin and even the underlying muscle and is the very thing that can cause lumps and deformity. It almost always requires more than one treatment to see a difference at all and is quite expensive. Some people end up spending many times more than it would have cost to have a minor surgical procedure.
“Burning” the Fat
Devices that apply heat injure the fat cells in a similar manner as “freezing” fat. It also doesn’t allow burning fat cells without injuring things around them. The result can be minimal, irregular, lumpy, and even cause chronic pain. It can even take several treatments to achieve what is a disappointing result.
These non-surgical methods often don’t bring the patient favorable results, because the unfortunate patient is commonly:
- Is out thousands of dollars
- Has little to no improvement
- May be worse off with lumpy, irregular skin
- Has problems that are very difficult to correct
- Had multiple recovery periods
- Took days off work unnecessarily (which also costs something in terms of vacation/sick time or smaller paycheck)
- Might feel embarrassed that friends and family know that so much money was spent for nothing
- Endured pain at each treatment
- Had to deal with bruising multiple times
Benefits of Chin Liposuction
The much more sensible and efficient alternative is to have a minor “surgical” procedure where one thing takes care of the problem and produces a result that is absolutely impossible to achieve with a non-invasive treatment. Consider the following:
- Liposuction involves ONE pinch to start. I spread the rest of the local under the skin from there.
- The procedure takes about 30 minutes.
- It’s a “one-and-done” treatment — no need for multiple sessions.
- The inconvenience happens only one time.
- The cost is far less than the expensive non-invasive treatments.
- Liposuction is performed by an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon (meaning myself), and NOT a medspa tech or assistant who is NOT a trained medical professional.
- You will see a very precisely shaped jawline and neck angle. That isn’t possible with ANY kind of non-invasive treatment.
- It really doesn’t hurt (check out our videos).
- You’ll enjoy your visit because we all enjoy doing these procedures and visiting with our patients, new and existing alike.
Correct Your Double Chin at Luxe Plastic Surgery
When you really think about the differences between what I do and what others do, it’s hard to come up with a reason to do something else. I’m confident that you’ll be disappointed with what you get out of non-invasive treatments for a double chin.
Yes, liposuction is surgery, but it won’t feel like surgery. It truly is a minor procedure and way less trouble than getting a filling at the dentist. No one enjoys going to the dentist, and no one is excited after a dentist visit that they have a nicely filled cavity. Everyone is excited about having a double chin disappear. No more makeup contouring to fake a crisp jawline, no more turning sideways in photos. Everyone will think you lost a lot of weight but won’t be able to figure out that you had anything done.
There isn’t a downside to double chin lipo! Contact my team at Luxe Plastic Surgery for more information. (281) 815-2277