Sugar Land Male Breast Reduction
Correcting Gynecomastia for Over 20 Years
Gynecomastia is a condition in which adult males experience an overdevelopment of breast tissue, giving the appearance of enlarged breasts. This is often the result of adult men producing too much female hormone estrogen and too little male hormone testosterone. When this happens, the glandular tissue can grow and form an enlarged breast on one or both sides of the chest. This condition is the reason many men have gynecomastia or male breast reduction surgery.
What Causes Gynecomastia?
An adult male may have a hormonal imbalance for one of many reasons, including heredity, disease, or the use of certain drugs or medications.
Some of the causes of gynecomastia include:
- Health problems: Various cancers such as lung and liver, kidney disease, or an overactive thyroid
- Hormone health: Cancer of the pituitary gland, adrenal gland, or testicles
- Aging: Shifting hormone levels in middle-aged men or older may cause gynecomastia
- Drug and alcohol use/abuse: Regular use (or overuse) of alcohol, meth amphetamines, heroin, or marijuana
- Certain medications: Some prescription drugs such as steroids, heart medicines, chemotherapy drugs, and anti-anxiety and antidepressant drugs can increase risk
- Weight gain: Enlarged breasts can develop from weight gain
The Surgery Process
At Luxe Plastic Surgery, our highly skillful surgeon understands the insecurities regarding this condition. Beginning with your consultation, he’ll listen thoroughly to your concerns so he can ensure you achieve your aesthetic needs and goals. He’ll also evaluate your current health status and medical history to make sure this procedure issafe and effective for your desired outcomes.
Quick facts about male breast reduction surgery:
- The procedure takes 1-2 hours and patients can go home the same day
- In some cases, liposuction is used with surgical tissue removal or by itself to reshape the chest
- Incisions for the procedure are placed at the edge of the areola to camouflage them
- Recovery is fast and normal activity can be resumed soon afterward
Learn more about the gynecomastia procedure by calling us at (281) 815-2277 today!
“I have been treated with great kindness and respect. Dr. Kutty genuinely cared about what I wanted when all was said and done, and he made a plan to achieve that for me. His knowledge, skill, and expertise as a surgeon are now quite obvious to us.”- J.M.
“Dr. Kutty is professional, kind, personable and spends time explaining any procedure in detail. All my concerns were answered, Dr. and staff always available to answer and make you feel comfortable with the whole procedure before and after.”- Silvia M.
“Dr. Kutty did my lip injections, and I am beyond pleased with the results!! He genuinely cares about getting his patients the results they are looking for.”- S.H.