In 2015, one of the most popular plastic surgeries among women was a tummy tuck procedure. A tummy tuck, also known as an abdominoplasty, is especially beneficial for women who have had children, and are looking to tighten areas of excess skin and stubborn fat. But, how soon after childbirth can you get a tummy tuck?
Although a tummy can be done immediately following childbirth, board-certified plastic surgeons often advise patients to wait six months to a year before opting for this beneficial procedure.
There are two main factors to consider that can affect your results:
- After delivering your baby, your uterus is still enlarged and swollen. This can prevent proper muscle and skin tightening associated with a tummy tuck.
- Many women gain weight during their pregnancy. Excess fat can make it difficult to achieve successful abdominoplasty results.
In order to achieve optimal tummy tuck results, Dr. Malik Kutty with Luxe Plastic Surgery recommends that you meet certain qualifications, including:
- You are at your near your goal weight
- You are done having children
- You are in general good health/shape
Dr. Kutty and our experienced clinical staff will meet with you in person to discuss your cosmetic goals and needs. Together, we will work to formulate your personalized treatment plan so you can get the results you want to achieve.
If you are in the Houston area and would like to learn more about your tummy tuck options, give our office a call at (281) 815-2277 to schedule your initial consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeon.