Buttock augmentation is a procedure that reshapes and enhances your gluteal area. There are many ways Dr. Kutty can deliver the results you are looking for, including his preferred method of fat grafting. But what exactly does that entail?
Why Choose Fat Grafting?
Fat grafting, also known as fat transfer or fat injection, is when fat is taken from other areas of your body, prepared and then re-injected into the desired area—in this case the buttocks. This allows for several benefits compared to the use of buttock implants, including:
- You can’t “reject” your own cells.
- Your new buttocks feel like your own because the fat was taken from your own body.
- Once the injected fat has a blood supply, it is permanent.
- No foreign material (an implant) in your body.
- Sitting down feels the same as before the procedure because the area is soft.
Generally, liposuction is coupled with this treatment in order to harvest fat from the donor area. That fat is then purified and reinserted into your buttocks region to achieve your desired shape. You receive a dual benefit of an improved body contour in the region where fat was removed via liposuction, as well as an improved buttock shape.
After the Procedure
This procedure has very little down time and can be done using local anesthesia. However, be prepared that you may experience some discomfort and swelling.
After your buttock augmentation procedure, you may be given special instructions to help in your recovery, including:
- Avoiding prolonged sitting for up to two weeks.
- Sleeping face down or on your side.
- Wearing support garments as instructed.
- Keeping incisions clean.
- Avoiding rigorous exercise up to 6-8 weeks after your procedure.
It is important to know the steps you can take throughout your healing process. Be sure to speak with Dr. Kutty about what you can expect during your individualized procedure and recovery.
Give our dedicated team at Luxe Plastic Surgery a call at (281) 815-2277 to set up your consultation. We are committed to delivering results in the Houston, Sugar Land, Katy and surrounding Texas areas.