As you get older, your breasts will experience certain changes. Unfortunately, these changes may be unflattering, cause you distress, and affect your confidence if your breasts don’t exhibit the characteristics they had in your youth. This can lead you to look for surgical options to remedy these changes and rejuvenate your appearance with a breast lift.
At Luxe Plastic Surgery, our board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Malik Kutty understands the concerns you might have if you’re displeased with the appearance of your breasts. Dr. Kutty offers the latest techniques in breast lift surgery to reposition breast tissue, producing a perkier, more youthful look.
If you’re interested in learning more about this procedure, you can receive individualized treatment recommendations by speaking with Dr. Kutty in person. Please contact us today by filling out the form on this page or by calling us at 281-241-1041 today to schedule a consultation. We proudly provide plastic surgery services to those who live in and near Houston, Sugar Land, and Katy, Texas.
Why Choose a Breast Lift?
The purpose of a breast lift is to address moderate to severe sagging issues. If this is your primary concern, then a breast lift may be the right option to address your goals. If you’re looking to improve the size and shape of your breasts, then a breast augmentation is more likely to achieve your desired outcome.
In some instances, Dr. Kutty may recommend breast augmentation in conjunction with a breast lift to improve the size and shape of your breasts while also eliminating sagging. We understand that every woman is unique and has specific aesthetic concerns they wish to address and we work to find the solutions that best fit your cosmetic goals.
There are many reasons why your breasts may experience sagging. The most common reason why breasts sag includes:
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Significant weight loss
Breast lift surgery can restore a perky and youthful appearance to breasts that have begun to droop or sag. Age, weight fluctuations, pregnancy, and nursing can all impact the firmness of your breasts. With breast lift surgery, Dr. Kutty can restore your chest to its original beauty.
Breast Lift Candidates
As with any surgical procedure, it’s important to determine your candidacy to not only determine if the results you seek can be delivered but to ensure that the procedure is safe as well. At our office, we take every patient’s safety seriously and conduct a thorough consultation to make sure the procedure is right for you.
During your consultation, Dr. Kutty will go over your goals, concerns, questions and evaluate your current health and medical history.
In general, ideal breast lift candidates:
- Are in good overall health
- Are at or near a healthy weight
- Have a flat or elongated shape to your breasts
- Have nipples that hang below the crease of the breast
- Have breasts with stretched skin or enlarged areolas
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome of the procedure
- Would like to correct sagging issues and restore a more youthful breast appearance
- Are non-smokers or are willing to refrain from smoking before undergoing a breast lift and throughout the recovery period
The Breast Lift Procedure
Your breast lift will be customized to address your unique needs and goals. There are several incision options, and Dr. Kutty will recommend the best option for you based on factors such as the size of your breasts, the amount of sagging, and your aesthetic goals.
Breast lift incision options offered by Dr. Kutty include:
- Anchor incision: Made around the perimeter of the areola, vertically from the areola to the breast crease, and along the breast crease. The anchor incision is best for women with significant sagging.
- Lollipop lift: Made around the perimeter of the areola and vertically from the areola to the breast crease, the lollipop lift is best for women with moderate sagging.
- Donut lift: Made around the perimeter of the areola, the donut, or “short scar” lift is capable of correcting mild to moderate sagging.
- Crescent lift: Made around the top portion of the areola, the crescent lift is best for women with very mild sagging.
Dr. Kutty has found that most women benefit from the lollipop and donut incision options, and he prefers to use the lollipop incision whenever possible. While both of these options can provide lift for breasts with mild to moderate sagging, there are other considerations that will need to be made to determine the best option for you. Ultimately, the amount of skin that must be removed will dictate Dr. Kutty’s choice of incision pattern.
After the incision is made, Dr. Kutty will lift and reshape the breast tissue. The nipple and areola are repositioned to achieve a perkier appearance. Dr. Kutty may also remove and tighten excess skin to improve elasticity.
Breast Lift Recovery
Recovery from a breast lift is dependent on factors such as the extent of sagging that’s corrected and your body’s natural healing ability. In most instances, work can be resumed after one week with certain limitations of physical exertion for up to six weeks. Dr. Kutty will work with you during this time to ensure your complete comfort and safety.
Depending on the incision options used in your procedure, some scarring is common after a breast lift procedure. When an incision is required from your areola to your breast crease, scarring may be inevitable. However, these scars will fade over time and will not be noticeable when your breasts are covered.
The results of breast lift surgery are long-lasting, but cannot stop the effects of aging and gravity. Many women experience perkier and firmer breasts for 10 or more years following this procedure, but your results will vary. Pregnancy and weight gain will impact your breast lift results, making it important to consider future plans for pregnancy prior to this procedure.
After the procedure and during your recovery, other considerations will need to be kept in mind to ensure optimum results, including:
- Due to the anesthesia, you will need someone to drive you home after surgery and spend the rest of the day with you
- Get plenty of rest following your procedure and drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration
- Soreness and mild discomfort is expected for a few days after surgery but will gradually subside as you heal
- Take all medications as directed by Dr. Kutty to help manage pain and prevent infection
- Support, such as a sports bra, is required to let the incisions heal without the weight of the breasts pushing against them and is usually worn for six weeks
Contact Our Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon Today
If you live in or around Houston, Sugar Land, or Katy, Texas and have questions about breast lift surgery, please contact Luxe Plastic Surgery using the form on this page or by calling 281-241-1041 to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Kutty today.