Getting liposuction surgery is a big decision. Knowing what to expect after your operation is just as important as understanding the procedure itself. Dr. Kutty wants you to know what you can expect after your liposuction procedure.
Within the first week or two after your procedure you'll be instructed to take it easy on yourself regarding diet and exercise as your body heals. Some of these aftercare instructions can include:
- 48 hours before and after surgery: Most patients can resume their normal diet directly following the procedure. You will be instructed to avoid alcohol for at least 48 hours before and after surgery, and to drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.
- 1-3 days after surgery: You should be feeling well enough to engage in light activities such as short walks around the house or neighborhood. It is often recommended to do this as soon as you are able, as it can help prevent blood clots.
- 1-2 weeks after surgery: The majority of soreness should subside within two weeks. This is when most patients return to work and resume a lighter version of daily activities.
Most liposuction surgeries are outpatient procedures. Once you are released by our plastic surgeon, do not drive. Arrange for a ride and help at home as you may still feel the effects of the anesthesia.
Symptoms to Watch For
Many patients report experiencing pain or discomfort following their procedure. However, there are other symptoms you can expect including:
- Drainage at the incisions
- Itching near incision sites
Patients often see a gradual decrease in these symptoms within two weeks after surgery.
The majority of our patients see the most results between one to three months after their procedure, once the swelling subsides, and are very pleased with their "before and after" body images. Of course, this depends on the methods or techniques used for your procedure as well as your dedication to your personalized recovery plan. Like every patient and every treatment, recovery is just as unique as you are.
If you are considering liposuction, give our experienced team at Luxe Plastic Surgery a call at 281-313-0551. We are proud to deliver results in the Houston, Sugar Land, Katy and surrounding Texas areas.