As you get older, your lips lose volume just like other areas of your face and body. Lip augmentation can restore full, plump lips or enhance the size of naturally thin lips using dermal fillers or silicone lip implants. Both of these options offer great lip augmentation results, but which one is right for you depends on your goals and the expertise of a board-certified plastic surgeon such as our Dr. Kutty.
This cosmetic procedure is becoming more and more popular, with more than 30,000 lip augmentations with implants done in 2018 alone. Adding volume to your lips can reduce lines and rejuvenate your facial appearance, making you look younger. Whether a dermal filler or implant is your best choice relies on the answers to these questions:
- Are you looking for temporary or permanent lip augmentation?
- Are you allergic to lidocaine or gram-positive proteins?
- Do you take blood-thinning medications or undergo immunosuppressive treatments?
Lip Augmentation with Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are a nonsurgical option to increase size and reshape your lips. Injectables offer temporary results using a local anesthetic, so you experience minimal discomfort. This lip augmentation procedure gives Dr. Kutty maximum control when placing the dermal filler in your lips. He will likely have you point out specific areas you’d like to improve in the mirror for optimal results. Dermal filler allergic reactions are rare, and effects are long-lasting but not permanent.
At Luxe Plastic Surgery in Houston, we offer these dermal fillers for lips:
- Juvéderm®: Juvéderm® is a dermal filler made of highly-concentrated hyaluronic acid that reduces lines and wrinkles and restores volume to the face and lips. The Juvéderm® gel includes anesthetic which makes your 10-minute treatment virtually painless. There’s no downtime required, and you can return to work right after your appointment.
- Belotero Balance®: This dermal filler is designed to smooth out lines and wrinkles which includes “smoker’s lines” that can develop in the lips along with vertical lip lines and various facial wrinkles. Belotero Balance® is also comprised of hyaluronic acid, which stimulates your body’s production of elastin and collagen for youthful, voluminous skin.
Both dermal filler options for lip augmentation are FDA-approved and provide natural-looking, immediate results. Juvéderm® can last up to two years in some cases, while Belotero Balance® results may last up to six months.
If you answered yes, to the bottom two questions listed above, dermal filler lip augmentation might not be right for you.
Lip Augmentation with Lip Implants
At Luxe Plastic Surgery, we offer the PermaSil lip implants, which are soft to the touch and contoured to your lips. Lip augmentation with lip implants provides permanent results that alter the size, shape or structure of your lips to achieve your desired look. The procedure is done using local anesthesia, and each implant is placed using a small incision on both corners of your mouth.
Schedule Your Lip Augmentation Consultation in Sugar Land
If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your lips, please contact our board-certified plastic surgeon in Houston, Texas today at (281) 815-2277 to see if lip augmentation is right for you. Luxe Plastic Surgery serves clients in Sugar Land, Katy and surrounding Houston areas.