Pregnancy and childbirth are miracles of life. However, they also take a tremendous toll on your body. While pregnant, your body goes through hormonal changes, your breasts enlarge to prepare for breastfeeding, and you also gain weight to provide room and nutrients to your growing baby. After childbirth, your body continues to change as your hormones, weight, and proportions fluctuate.
Some women are lucky to maintain or return to their pre-pregnancy figure after childbirth but for many women, the changes that occur to their body are there to stay. Because of sleepless nights, low energy, and busy schedules, many women find it hard to devote enough time to properly eat, sleep, and exercise, leaving them unhappy with their appearance. At Luxe Plastic Surgery, we offer the mommy makeover procedure to help moms restore their confidence and get their pre-baby body back
Our board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Malik Kutty is proud to offer the mommy makeover, which is a combination of body contouring procedures aimed to help treat troublesome areas on a mother’s body. Many changes can happen to a woman’s body during pregnancy and childbirth. The mommy makeover can use different procedures to help trim, tone, lift, and tighten, and is customizable to your specific needs. This procedure can help with:
- Breasts: A breast augmentation can be used to replace lost volume or address asymmetry. A breast lift can be used to address breast sagging. A breast reduction can be used for those whose breasts enlarge too much during pregnancy.
- Body: Liposuction is used to help eliminate stubborn pockets of fat around the body that are resistant to diet and exercise. This is, however, not a weight-loss solution and one should be near or at their ideal weight.
- Stomach: A tummy tuck can be performed to help tighten the abdominal muscles as well as to eliminate any excess, sagging skin after losing the pregnancy weight.
During your comprehensive consultation with Dr. Kutty, he’ll go over all of the details with you and evaluate your candidacy for this procedure. Since this procedure involves multiple surgeries and we value your safety, it’s important to ensure that you’re healthy enough for the above treatments. We also encourage you to come to us with any questions of your own so that you can be as informed as possible before you make your decision.
Some examples of questions you can ask include:
- Are you a board-certified plastic surgeon and through which board?
- How experienced are you with performing mommy makeovers?
- How long after having my child do I have to wait before having this procedure?
- Where will you be performing the mommy makeover procedure?
- Where and how big will my incisions be?
- Do you have before and after pictures of other mommy makeover patients?
- What will my recovery be like after the procedure?
- What should I expect in terms of realistic outcomes from this procedure?
These are just a few examples of the types of questions you can ask our doctor during your consultation. Having as much information as possible will help you make the best decision for your needs as well as help you feel comfortable that you’re in good hands at our office. We work to not only help you look great but feel great as well.
If you’d like to learn more about the mommy makeover procedure and if it’s right for you, please call our office today at (281) 815-2277 to schedule your consultation. We proudly serve the areas of Houston, Katy, and Sugar Land, Texas.