As we age, our metabolism naturally slows down and we begin to store more fat in our body. This unwanted fat can be embarrassing as it accumulates in noticeable areas. In many cases these stubborn fatty deposits also don’t respond to diet and exercise, leaving you to wonder if there is anything that can be done. At Luxe Plastic Surgery, we offer Liposuction to eliminate areas of fat and give you the toned figure you desire.
If you are considering liposuction in the Houston area, please contact Luxe Plastic Surgery online or by calling 281-241-1041 to schedule your initial consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Kutty. We proudly provide services to men and women in the Houston, Sugar Land, Katy, and nearby areas of Texas.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a common cosmetic procedure that’s used to remove and shape localized deposits of excess fat on areas of the body. It’s best performed in patients that are close to their ideal weight. Liposuction is not intended as a solution to weight loss and the best results can be achieved in these patients near their ideal weight.
Nearly any part of the body in which fat can accumulate is likely treatable with liposuction. The most common areas in which liposuction are performed include:
- Face and neck
- Upper arms
- Love handles and mid-back
- Hips and thighs
- Calves and ankles
- Chest (gynecomastia correction)
Liposuction is performed through extremely small punctures in which a narrow "cannula" tube is inserted into the incisions to suction away the fat. This allows for precise contouring of the desired areas you wish to treat.
At Luxe Plastic Surgery, this liposuction procedure can be completed in our office while you’re fully awake and comfortable, using only local anesthesia. With this technique, there’s minimal downtime and most patients can return to work the next day. Patient safety and comfort are our highest priorities along with outstanding results.
There are several major advantages to having liposuction done with pure local anesthesia:
- It can be done for roughly half the cost since an anesthesiologist or a separate facility aren’t needed
- Unlike general anesthesia, there are no after-effects
- The procedure is done slowly and gently, making for a quick recovery with much less discomfort and bruising
- You’ll see the results for yourself, right at the end of the procedure
There are a variety of surgical techniques for liposuction, these include:
- Tumescent liposuction: Tumescent liposuction refers to liposuction done with the injection of a solution that contains a local anesthetic. This process makes the area numb, making contouring and shaping more accurate. The solution loosens and softens the fat, aiding in its removal. The local anesthetic provides pain control after surgery and limits bruising.
- Power-assisted liposuction: All liposuction uses negative pressure to remove fat. Using power-assisted liposuction, however, allows the removal of fat with far less trauma and more efficient contouring. A specialized device causes the liposuction cannula to gently vibrate back-and-forth. This loosens the fat and removes it more efficiently and with much less trauma. This means better contouring, comfort, and recovery.
- Ultrasound assisted liposuction: Ultrasound-assisted liposuction uses ultrasonic waves transmitted through the skin to aid in softening the fat to make removal easier. This can produce a somewhat greater tightening of the skin, and is especially useful in areas where the fat is fibrous, such as the chest in males.
The most important part of the recovery process is the strict use of the post-procedure compression garment as instructed. The compression garment must be worn 24 hours a day for up to 2-4 weeks, then 12 hours a day for the next 3-4 weeks. This will reduce swelling and ensure proper healing.
For liposuction completed with local anesthesia, most patients return to non-strenuous work after a few days. Depending on the number of areas treated and the volume of fat that was removed, most people can expect a return to strenuous activities within 4-6 weeks. A full recovery from swelling and bruising typically takes up to six months or more.
Candidates for Liposuction
Liposuction is a great solution for many people who wish to have a more trim and toned figure. As with any type of surgery, there are certain requirements one must have for the procedure to be safe and effective. By having realistic expectations about your goals, this treatment can help you achieve the results you want.
Candidates for liposuction include:
- Adults within 30 percent of ideal weight
- Those with firm, elastic skin, and good muscle tone
- Healthy adults with no medical conditions or illnesses
- Those with healthy, positive, and realistic expectations for their goals
Contact a Sugar Land Liposuction Specialist Today
Dr. Kutty is a board-certified plastic surgeon with nearly two decades of experience. He’s developed techniques that enhance patient safety while maximizing body contouring results. We’re able to offer all of our liposuction treatments in-office, eliminating hospital costs without sacrificing your comfort or safety. Dr. Kutty works individually with each patient, taking the time to fully plan the surgical procedure and provide detailed pre- and post-operative instructions, which help in your comfort, safety, and satisfaction.
We welcome an opportunity to meet with you confidentially and free of obligation to discuss your needs and answer your liposuction questions. Please contact us online or call us at 281-241-1041 to schedule your initial consultation. We proudly provide services to men and women in the Houston, Sugar Land, Katy, and nearby areas of Texas.