As you get older, your breasts will experience certain changes. One of these is the development of sagging issues, often caused by pregnancy, gravity or the aging process. If your breasts are starting to sag and you’d like to restore a more youthful appearance, you may want to consider a breast lift.
Dr. Malik Kutty offers the latest techniques in breast lift surgery to reposition breast tissue, producing a perkier, more youthful look. You can receive individualized treatment recommendations by speaking with Dr. Kutty in person. Please call 281-241-1041 today to schedule a consultation at our office in Sugar Land.
Is a Breast Lift Right for Me?
The purpose of a breast lift is to address moderate to severe sagging issues. If this is your primary concern, then a breast lift may be the right option to address your goals. If you’re looking to improve the size and shape of your breasts, then breast augmentation is more likely to achieve your desired outcome. In some instances, Dr. Kutty may recommend breast augmentation in conjunction with a breast lift to improve the size and shape of your breasts while also eliminating sagging.
In general, ideal breast lift candidates:
- Are in good overall health
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome of their procedure
- Would like to correct sagging issues and restore a more youthful breast appearance
- Are non-smokers or are willing to refrain from smoking before undergoing a breast lift and throughout the recovery period
Your Breast Lift Procedure
Dr. Kutty will customize your breast lift to address your unique needs and goals. There are several incision options, and Dr. Kutty will recommend the best option for you based on factors such as the size of your breasts, the amount of sagging and your aesthetic goals.
Breast lift incision options offered by Dr. Kutty include:
- Anchor incision – Made around the perimeter of the areola, vertically from the areola to the breast crease, and along the breast crease, the anchor incision is best for women with significant sagging
- Lollipop lift – Made around the perimeter of the areola and vertically from the areola to the breast crease, the lollipop lift is best for women with moderate sagging
- Donut lift – Made around the perimeter of the areola, the donut, or “short scar” lift is capable of correcting mild to moderate sagging
- Crescent lift – Made around the top portion of the areola, the crescent lift is best for women with very mild sagging
Dr. Kutty has found that most women benefit from the lollipop and donut incision options, and he prefers to use the lollipop incision whenever possible. While both of these options can provide lift for breasts with mild to moderate sagging, there are other considerations that will need to be made to determine the best option for you. Ultimately, the amount of skin that must be removed will dictate Dr. Kutty’s choice of incision pattern.
After the incision is made, Dr. Kutty will lift and reshape the breast tissue. The nipple and areola are repositioned to achieve a perkier appearance. Dr. Kutty may also remove and tighten excess skin to improve elasticity.
Please read our Questions about Breast Lift page for additional information.
Recovery after a Breast Lift
Due to the anesthesia, you will need someone to drive you home after surgery and spend the rest of the day with you. Dr. Kutty recommends that you get plenty of rest following your procedure, and you should drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
You may experience soreness and mild discomfort for a few days after surgery, but this will gradually subside as you heal. Make sure you take all medications as directed by Dr. Kutty to help manage pain and prevent infection.
Some sort of support (like a sports bra) is required to let the incisions heal without the weight of the breasts pushing against them, usually for 6 weeks. Dr. Kutty will let you know when you can resume wearing a normal bra.
In most instances, you should be able to return to work after about a week. You will need to gradually ramp up your activity level over the first 3-4 weeks of recovery. Dr. Kutty will let you know when it is safe to resume all strenuous activities, including exercising. Often, this doesn’t occur for up to 6 weeks after surgery.
Contact our Houston Plastic Surgeon
Please contact Luxe Plastic Surgery using the form on this page or call 281-241-1041 today to schedule your breast lift consultation. We serve patients in Houston, Sugar Land, Katy and the surrounding areas of Texas.